Music lovers to join in picnic party to make up for missing Burghley’s Battle Proms event
The military themed spectacle was due to take place at Burghley House this Saturday, but has been postponed until July 10 next year because of Covid-19 restrictions on social distancing at entertainment gatherings.
Would-be guests are instead being urged to hold a ‘Battle Proms picnic party’ to support the popular concert series.
Event organisers JSL Productions are inviting supporters to download bunting, enjoy the rousing music and take part in several activities in aid of SSAFA the Armed Forces charity, which the Battle Proms was supporting.
Adam Slough, Battle Proms Event Director said: “We are so sad not to be at the beautiful Burghley House this weekend. We are going to miss our audience so much, whose generosity has helped to raise incredible amounts for SSAFA on the day of the concert each year. We couldn’t let a whole year go by without inviting you to support them once again and provide you with an excuse for a bit of a party.”
Included in the virtual festivities will be an online version of the very popular Battle Proms raffle, with spectacular prizes on offer, and a photography competition. The Battle Proms team are determined to raise as much money for SSAFA as possible, who raised £8,947 at the Burghley House concert last year.
James Grant, Head of Corporate Fundraising and Events at SSAFA said “While we are very sad not to be enjoying the wonderful music and entertainment at Burghley House this year, we would like to thank the Battle Proms team for their efforts to reimagine the concerts and I hope that many people enjoy a picnic party at home. We look forward to seeing photographs and are extremely grateful to those who take part.”
For more information please visit https://www.battleproms.com/battle-proms-picnic-party/