Woman injured as fire crews attend blaze at Peterborough house
A woman has been injured in a house fire in Peterborough yesterday (April 5).
Crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called at just before 12pm to attend a fire which had begun in the first floor of a house in The Squires, Woodston.
Using breathing apparatus and hoses, they were able to put the blaze out but one woman was left injured and was taken to hospital after being treated for smoke inhalation and burns at the scene.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 11.58am on Monday crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called to a fire on The Squires in Woodston.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the first floor of a house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels. One female casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and burns and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
“The crews returned to their stations by 3.30pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”