Peterborough firefighters lead six people to safety during flat fire in city

Firefighters helped six people escape from a flat which was on fire in Peterborough

By Stephen Briggs
Friday, 31st December 2021, 9:03 am
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service

At 12.14pm on Wednesday, December 29 crews from Dogsthorpe and Stanground were called to a fire on Hammonds Drive in Fengate.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a first floor flat of a four storey building, involving a tumble dryer. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The crews assisted around six people from the building to safety. They returned to their stations by 1.55pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.