Roadworks and closure affecting Peterborough drivers in coming days
Drivers in and around Peterborough will have eight National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And one of them is expected to cause severe delays – with motorists facing a holdup of at least 30 minutes. Another will cause moderate delays of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that five closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A47, from 8pm January 4 to 6am February 26, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A47 eastbound and westbound, A1 Wansford to Sutton - temporary traffic signals for inspections / surveys on behalf of HW Martin.
• A1, from 9pm February 19 to 5am February 28, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 17 to A43 Wothorpe - Lane closure for Litter Clearance on behalf of Ringway.
Sudden death in Woodston, Peterborough prompts emergency service response
'Multiple casualties' in collision between Peterborough and Oundle
Grandson buys 'UK's biggest gold cross' in memory of his Peterborough gran - and hopes Tyson Fury will save it from being scrapped
Peterborough house raided in probe into theft of £300,000 worth of tools
Man who caused 'fear' to residents given court order banning him begging
• A47, from 8pm January 5 to 6am March 31, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A47 The Causeway, junction with Pode Hole Quarry entrance. Works under traffic signals for, junction improvement works on behalf of Aggregate Industries LTD
• A1, from 8pm October 25 2021 to 6am July 23 2022, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A47 eastbound and westbound, Longthorpe - carriageway closures for structural works on behalf of Highways England.
• A1, from 9pm February 18 to 6am August 12, severe delays (more than 30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, Wansford, junction to Old Great North Road, Stibbington, carriageway closure for barrier/Fence Safety Repairs on behalf of Mott Macdonald.
And a further three closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A47, from 7.30am February 21 to 5pm February 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A47 eastbound and westbound, between, junction 18 and junction 21. Diversion route for local authority works on behalf of Milestone Infra
• A47, from 8pm February 28 to 6am March 11, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A47 eastbound and westbound, New Cut to Crowland Road - Lane closure for communications on behalf of Graham
• A47, from 8pm February 28 to 6am March 10, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A47 eastbound and westbound,, junction 16 to junction 20 - Lane closure for communications on behalf of Graham.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.