Peterborough shop catches fire

A fire at a shop in Peterborough had to be put out by firefighters.

Thursday, 16th May 2019, 6:17 pm

Fire crews from Dogsthorpe and Stanground were called out at 7.36am yesterday (Wednesday) to Park Road. On arrival they found a fire in the ground floor of the shop, which they extinguished.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The crews had returned to their stations by 10.30am.

The fire was ignited accidentally by a fault in the electrical equipment, a Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said.

Firefighters at the scene. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service