Peterborough landlord celebrates 1,000 lettings milestone
Cross Keys Homes’ (CKH) Property Lettings team has supported 1,000 people to move home since formally leaving Peterborough City Council’s Choice-based lettings service, just over a year ago.
Over this time, the housing association’s Property Lettings team has worked diligently to identify the right homes to offer as direct lets to deliver against their new and improved standards, to ensure as quick a turnaround as possible of empty properties.
In a special ceremony to mark the achievement, resident Devon Mandley, who was the 1,000 resident to be re-housed, had a bouquet of flowers presented to her by Cross Keys Homes’ Voids and Lettings Adviser, Louise Richardson.
Miss Mandley, who upsized from a one-bed flat to a two-bed house in Eastifeld, said: “I cannot thank Cross Keys Homes enough for the support they have given me to help me find a home more suited to my needs. I absolutely love living here and both my four year old son and I now have a bedroom each, which has made the world of difference to us.”
Following CKH’s departure from Peterborough’s affordable housing allocation system, they now let 25 per cent of vacant homes themselves to residents who are predominantly on their transfer list. The remaining 75 per cent of available homes within Peterborough continue to be allocated by Peterborough City Council.
A Levels 2022 Peterborough: All of the best pictures from results day as students celebrate their success
Man arrested after large cannabis factory found in Peterborough
'Forever in our hearts:' Family of motorcyclist, 22, killed in collision in Peterborough pay tribute to ‘loving and caring’ Kai
Police appealing for help to identify unknown man found unconscious in Peterborough street
Anglia Ruskin University Peterborough: 26 photos show sneak peek inside new £30 million university
CKH Director of Housing Needs, Stuart Fort, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for us during what has been a challenging and unpredictable time. We’ve managed to continue to let our homes even during the various lockdowns to ensure we help those who are in need of an affordable home. We are delighted to have been able to help so many of our existing residents transfer thanks to our new more efficient and responsive lettings process.”
Of the 1,000 people who CKH have helped to re-house, over 200 of them have been transfer requests from existing residents living in homes that no longer suit their needs.
The housing association has also continued with its development drive to provide many more new affordable homes within the region, with new homes being developed in Huntingdonshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, South Kesteven and Milton Keynes over the last year.