Around 1,000 young people from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are due to attend a special FREE Young Driver Event at Huntingdon Racecourse.
The event was held for the first time last year and was so successful the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Road Safety Partnership are once again holding it over two days.
Clair George of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Road Safety Partnership said: “Running the event last year for the first time was really successful and we are hoping this year will be even better.
“It will be a great opportunity for young people to get involved and gain the information they need to make informed decisions about driving, riding and using public transport.”
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Criswell Chairman of the Partnership said: “In 2015 114 young people aged between 16 and 25 were killed or seriously injured on Cambridgeshire roads.
“I think it is really important to give young people the opportunity to make informed decisions to keep them safe, however they travel.
“The tragic loss of a young life has a completely devastating effect on family and friends. Anything we can do to improve the knowledge and skills of this ‘at risk’ group has to be beneficial.”
Visitors to the event, on June 29 and 30, will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities and have fun but more importantly gain valuable information that could potentially save their or someone else’s life.
They will be able to access a wide range of information about driving/riding from over twenty organisations from the wider motoring industry and sustainable transport experts.
Public and emergency services from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough will also be at the event.
The event is free to attend. All sixth form colleges have been invited and days are being split into morning and afternoon sessions 10am -12pm and 1pm - 3pm.
The event includes activities for young drivers, those planning to learn and non-drivers.
* Have a go on one of five crash car simulators
* Try their hand at the Batak wall, test your reaction time
* Get Driving test snippets from DVSA Driving instructors
* Learn more about Young Peoples Insurance including a photo booth
* Try the latest Mocktails for a good night out while being safe to drive
* Motorcycle/moped safety including a skid bike
* Test their knowledge and gain experience of general car maintenance
* Visit the sustainable transport area and try out the Calorie Gallery
* Meet the Global Action team
* Talk to MAGPAS - what you could do to help at the scene of an accident?
* Test their acting skills in a highly interactive theatre show
* Meet a crew from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue and their experience of road traffic accidents along with Cambridgeshire Traffic police plus the camera van and The Road Victims Trust
* Take part in live demonstration of stopping distances
* Test your reactions with remote control cars with the Drugs and Alcohol team and many more