Peterborough Triathlon Club (PACTRAC) members were in fine form at the weekend.
Two qualified for World Championship events in Australia and Mexico and another won a race in Suffolk.
Roger Canham took part in the Half-Ironman 70.3 in Staffordshire (swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles, run 13.1 miles) and qualified to compete in the Half-Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Mooloolaba, Queensland on Australia’s Sunshine Coast in September by finishing first in his 50-55 age group.
57th Roger Canham 4:45:09 (age group 1st).
179th Robin Brookes 5:08:50 (age group 3rd).
275th Giles Cooper 5:22:04 (age group 8th).
1554th Terry Murphy 6:55:18 (age group 3rd).
This year’s Dambuster Triathlon at Rutland Water (swim 1500m, bike 26 miles, run 6.25 miles) was an age group qualification event for the World Triathlon Championships in Mexico, in September and Paul Vernon qualified by finishing third in his age group.
However, he has a young family and has decided not to travel.
17. Paul Vernon 2:07:40 (age group 3rd).
68 Mark Weathersby 2:16:44 (age group 14th).
97. Jaap Flikweert 2:19:32 (age group 9th).
126. Wayne Stainsby 2:22:33 (age group 23rd).
177. Richard Nixon 2:26:37 (age group 24th).
190. Giles Cooper 2:27:37 (age group 16th).
205. Chris Pike 2:28:33 (agr group 19th).
232. Simon Pauffley 2:30:43 (age group 7th).
233. Daniel Fitzjohn 2:30:45 (age group 35th).
239. Peter Harris 2:31:49 (age group 26th).
247. Simon Guerin 2:32:31 (age group 34th).
257. Gary Cooper 2:33:11 (age group 38th).
264. Andy Gregg 2:33:54 (age group 40th).
282. Charlie Brookes 2:35:07 (agr group 43rd).
297. Richard Ardern 2:36:00 (age group 48th).
391. Gary Shoemake 2:42:09 (age group 62nd).
417. David Naylor 2:44:21 (age group 47th).
468. Martin Etchells 2:47:30 (age group 24th).
476. Jonathan Webb 2:48:38 (age group 75th).
487. Mark Stevens 2:49:36 (age group 64th).
489. Paul Jephcott 2:49:42 (age group 25th).
518. Chris Waghorn 2:52:14 (age group 84th).
552. Pedro Polson 2:54:37 (age group 28th).
561. Simon Taylor 2:55:30 (age group 29th).
598. Andy Rawlins 2:59:03 (age group 100th).
603. Kate Armstrong 2:59:22 (age group 38th).
653. Sue Davys 3:06:08 (age group 42nd).
Georgina Jennings was PACTRAC’s sole representative in the Sudbury Sprint Triathlon and she managed to win the 60+ Age Group by a minute even though she was competing against triathletes 10 years her junior.
And she wasn’t just the first over 60 year-old female to finish, she also beat the men.
She completed the 400m swim, 13.5-mile bike ride and three-mile run in 85.15 for 45th place overall.
Dave Patmore-Hill competed in an Ironman 70.3 in Luxembourg which became a duathlon after the swim was cancelled due to high river conditions.
He finished the 56-mile bike ride and 13.1-mile run in 4.37.0.
Paul Vernon won the fifth race in the PACTRAC Wednesday night Mini Series Triathlon (swim 400 yards, bike 10 miles, run 3.5 miles).
It was Vernon’s third win in this year’s series and he finished three and a half minutes clear of runner-up Jonathan Oakey in a season’s best time of 49:06 .