Peterborough United are 18/1 to win the 2016-17 League One title with Sky Bet. They are 10th favourites.
That’s the longest odds Posh have been at the start of a season in this division since their relegation from the Championship at the end of the 2012-13 campaign.
Posh are 11/2 to win promotion by any means and 8/1 to be relegated.
Grant McCann’s men are 9/4 to finish in the top six and 40/1 to finish bottom.
You can get 16/1 on Posh winning the League One play-offs before a competitive ball has been kicked!
Bookmakers are not known for being wrong too often, but the 14/1 Sky Bet are offering on Lee Angol to finish top scorer in League One is miserly, especially as the young forward is not expected to appear until October because of a broken leg.
The only other Posh players to earn a top scorer quote from Sky Bet are Marcus Maddison and Tom Nichols who are both priced at 50/1. Presumably the pre-season form of Shaquile Coulthirst and the arrival of Paul Taylor to the ABAX Stadium have gone unnoticed.
Top scorer in League One odds:
6/1 Billy Sharp (Sheff United)
8/1 Lee Gregory (Millwall)
9/1 Nicky Ajose (Charlton)
10/1 Leon Clarke (Sheff Utd)
12/1 Matty Taylor (Bristol Rovers)
12/1 Paddy Madden (Scunthorpe)
14/1 Lee Angol (Posh)
14/1 Nicky Maynard (MK Dons)
14/1 James Hanson (Bradford City)
16/1 Zach Clough (Bolton)
Things to bet on this season...
1) Bolton Wanderers to finish highest of the League One teams based in the North West (Fleetwood, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale) 5/4
2) Posh to finish higher in League One than Bradford City 5/4
3) AFC Wimbledon to finish the lowest of the teams promoted from League Two last season (Northampton Town, Oxford and Bristol
4) Swindon to be relegated from League One 9/4
5) Scunthorpe to reach the League One playoffs 4/1
6) Luke Williams (Swindon) to be the first League One manager to be sacked 4/1
7) Sheffield United to win League One 5/1
8) Oldham to finish bottom of League One 13/2
9) Leon Clarke to finish top scorer in League One 10/1
10) Charlton and Sheffield United to finish top two in League One (any order) 28/1
Things not to bet on this season...
1) Sheffield United to finish outside the top six in League One 11/10
2) Coventry to finish in the top six of League One 2/1
3) Shrewsbury to be relegated 9/4
4) Bradford City to reach the League One playoffs 11/4
5) MK Dons to win promotion 7/2
6) Grant McCann (Posh) to be the first League One manager to be sacked 16/1
7) Ched Evans to finish top scorer in League One 28/1
8) Northampton to win League One (no chance) 18/1
9) Posh to win League One (don’t want to be a jinx) 18/1
10) Darren Ferguson (right) to return to Posh 1000/1