All Cello Renda wants for Christmas is a fight.
The 30 year-old from Peterborough has been out of the ring since reaching the final of ‘Prizefighter’ in February.
He was set to meet Jack Arnfield in a British middleweight title eliminator in October, but had to pull out after being hurt in a car crash.
Renda has tweeted Tom Doran, who beat him in the ‘Prizefighter’ final, looking for a rematch, but as yet, he has no definite date for his next fight.
“I’m waiting for the phone to ring,” he said, “and I’m sure it will.
“I’ve told Tom Doran on twitter that he only beat me in ‘Prizefighter’ because I had a broken hand. That punch he hit me with would never have landed if I had been able to throw my jab.
“His mates and promoter (Dave Coldwell) got involved on twitter, but I’m still waiting to hear if the fight’s going to happen. I was hoping it could be made as a British-title eliminator.”
A pro at 19, Renda has always said the British title is his target - and he has three years left to win it.
Renda this week put pen to paper on a three-year deal with manager Jon Pegg and says that when that runs out, he’s quitting the ring.
“Three years is a long, long time,” said Renda, “and anything can happen.
“I’m ready when the phone rings. I’m always in the gym and if I get six weeks’ notice to get down to the weight properly, I will fight anyone. I don’t need three months to prepare.
“There hasn’t been any interest recently and that’s because I’m too dangerous. If you’re a rising star with an unbeaten record, you’re not going to fight me because I’m unpredictable. You might beat me, but on my day I can knock anyone out. Even if you do beat me, it’s going to be a hard night’s work. Fighting me isn’t like fighting a journeyman when you come out of the ring without a scratch on you - and that’s what a lot of fighters want. To get a fight, I need a title, otherwise people think I’m too risky to fight.”
The Commonwealth title will become vacant after Billy-Joe Saunders took the WBO belt off Andy Lee on Saturday night, while promoter Mick Hennessy last week won the purse bids to stage Nick Blackwell’s British-title defence against Chris Eubank jr.