Remember, remember the 5th of November...because it’s almost upon us and here are 8 of the best firework displays taking place in the Peterborough area.
1) Peterborough’s Firework Fiesta is set to light up the city this weekend at the Peterborough Arena, East of England Showground.
Taking place this Saturday, this year’s bonfire night extravaganza will go off with a bang as the region’s premier firework display and a leading charity fundraiser.
Sponsored by the BGL Group, this year visitors can look forward to a truly spectacular display of fireworks by Titanium, the company behind national celebration fireworks such as the Commonwealth Games and New Year displays in London and Edinburgh, live music hosted by Heart FM, food outlets, fairground rides and great family entertainment.
BGL’s Chief Executive, Matthew Donaldson, said: “We are proud and delighted to sponsor the event for the fourth consecutive year; it’s a superb event, great family entertainment and a real highlight in Peterborough’s calendar.
“It’s a privilege to support an event that raises funds and helps to make a difference to so many local charities and good causes.”
Last year the event, which is organised by the Rotary Clubs of Peterborough and Peterborough Minster and Round Table, attracted over 8,000 visitors and raised £22,600 which was distributed to a multitude of charities and good causes in Peterborough.
With so many people arriving at the venue, anyone planning to go should allow plenty of time to park, to enjoy the fairground, live music, food stalls and get the best view for the spectacular display.
Advance tickets are priced at £3 for children aged under 15 (under two years are free) and £7 for adults. Tickets are also available on the gate at £5 (child) and £10 (adult) cash only. Visit www.fireworkfiesta.co.uk
2) Peterborough Lions Rugby Club in Bretton is hosting its fifth annual fireworks display on Friday, from 6pm.
Tickets are currently on sale at Sainsburys in Bretton, priced at £2 for adults and £1 for children (under 16s). Tickets can also be purchased on the gate.
On the night there will a funfair, barbecue and bar.
3) Peterborough Rugby Club is holding its first open firework display in Fengate on Friday night from 5pm.
The event will feature a bonfire and fireworks display presented by award winning PDC Fireworks.
There will also be children’s fairground rides, live music, hot food and a bar.
Free car parking will be available and tickets can be bought on the night.
4) Barnwell Village Hall, near Oundle is hosting its annual bonfire party this Thursday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
On the night there will be a professional, spectacular firework display, bonfire (with a difference) and plenty of treats including toffee apples, hot toddies and a quality barbecue.
The Bull pub at Newborough has a fireworks display at 7.45pm on Saturday. Entry is £1 on the gate.
5) Skylark Garden Centre, near March is set to put on a spectacular show this year with even more fireworks, a bigger fairground and a wider range of food outlets.
Taking place on Saturday, Kim Bolton Fireworks will once again be in charge of the fireworks display which this year will be choreographed to a soundtrack of popular chart hits and classic tracks.
Gates will open on the night at 5pm, a bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm and then the spectacular fireworks display will start at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be purchased on the gate and will cost £10 for adults and £5 for children. Visit www.skylarkfireworks.co.uk
6) Deepings Rugby Club is hosting its annual Fireworks Extravaganza on Friday night.
Gates will open from 6pm and the display will start at 7.30pm.
Free parking is available at Deepings Leisure Centre and entry is £5 for adults and £3 for children.
A display is also being held at Greenlands in Market Deeping on Saturday at 6pm.
7) Fantastic professionally fired display in aid of Yaxley Scouts and Guides. The event is on Saturday on the field to the rear of the Three Horseshoes, Main St, Yaxley. PE7 3LN. Gates open at 6pm with Fireworks at 7pm.
Food, Licenced bar, stalls all on site. Family ticket (2+3) only £12, single tickets £4.
All details and online tickets available on our website: www.yaxleyfireworks.co.uk or Facebook “Yaxleyfireworks”
8) Werrington Scouts, Guides and Primary School PTA are holding their annual firework display on Saturday at Werrington Primary School in Amberley Slope.
Gates open at 6.15pm and the Blast off is 7pm.
Tickets can be brought before the event at the following: 1382 Lincoln Road, Werrington, 34-36 Church Street, Werrington or 60 Canonsfield, Werrington.
Ticket Prices are: Before the event - adults £4.50/child £3.50 - at the event - adults £6/child £4-50 - a family ticket (in advance only) £13 which covers 2 Adults and 2 children (child 3yrs-16yrs)
Having a public display and want to add it to our list? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org