The owner of a Peterborough chip shop says reports from the county’s fire service that there was an arson there yesterday are false.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said it attended an arson at Linfords Traditional Fish & Chips in Church Street, Stanground, yesterday afternoon (Thursday, August 17).
However, owner Paul Thompson said the fire was due to a short circuit in an electrical box.
He added that the shop will be open for business today as normal.
A spokesman for the fire service said the incident appeared to had been mixed up with another incident.
Firefighters were called out at 5.54pm yesterday, according to the fire service.