Fire crews cordoned off part of Oundle Road in Woodston, Peterborough, this afternoon, Tuesday May 17, after a gas leak at a takeway.
A number of crews attended the scene near the junction with Jubilee Street after the leak at Hassan’s Grill.
Neighbouring businesses were evacuated and the road cordoned off while fire crews worked to cap the leak.
There was no damaged caused to any of the buildings and people have now been able to return to their homes and businesses.
The gas board remain on scene investigating the leak.