Pug rescued from Peterborough house fire

Firefighters rescued a Pug from a flat fire in Peterborough.

Friday, 24th August 2018, 9:57 am
Updated Monday, 3rd September 2018, 12:18 pm

The dog was at the property in Braymere Road, Hampton Centre, on Wednesday evening when the kitchen caught fire.

Fire crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe rescued the animal which was unresponsive at first, before using Smokey Paws Oxygen Therapy to help it recover.

The fire was started accidentally.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Both crews had returned to their stations by 8.45pm.

The Pug being given oxygen treatment. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
The Pug after being rescued. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service