Advice issued after chimney fires in Peterborough and Whittlesey
The region's fire service has issued advice after two chimney fires on the same day.
Yesterday (Sunday, December 17) a crew from Dogsthorpe was called at 10.15am to Glinton Road, Helpston.
Then at 5.57pm, a crew from Whittlesey attended St Mary’s Street in Whittlesey.
Both fires were caused accidentally.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brick work inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”