Residents advised to stay indoors due to metal recycling waste blaze

Residents are being advised to stay indoors due to a large fire involving metal recycling waste on South Fen Road, Bourne.

Wednesday, 12th February 2020, 9:54 pm
Updated Wednesday, 12th February 2020, 9:56 pm

Crews from Bourne, Deeping and Spalding are at the scene., with Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service called at 8;41pm this evening (Wednesday).

The fire service tweeted: "Wholetime & On Call are currently attending a large fire involving metal recycling waste on South Fen Road, Bourne. We advise anyone local to keep doors and windows closed and to avoid the area. Updates to follow."

Updates can be found by following the fire service Twitter account.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire news