Man treated for smoke inhalation after running back into burning house in Peterborough

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after being called to a house fire in Orton Goldhay on Friday night.

Monday, 8th August 2016, 10:01 am
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 6:08 pm

Crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called to the house fire in Pennington, at 9.03pm.

A fire had broken out in a bedroom on the third floor of a three-storey house. Everyone was out of the property on the arrival of the fire service.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One male casualty, believed to be a neighbour and who re-entered the house, was given oxygen therapy by firefighters for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was accidental.