Man hospitalised after being pulled from flat fire in Peterborough

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

A man as pulled from a flat fire in Peterborough and treated for smoke inhalation last night, Tuesday September 29.

Crews from Dogsthorpe and Stanground responded to an automatic fire alarm in Wilberforce Road, New England at 8.17pm.

A fire had broken out in the kitchen of a ground floor flat, which was heavily smoke logged.

The man was rescued from the flat by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and given oxygen therapy. He was taken to hospital by ambulance to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The smouldering remains of the fire were extinguished and crews returned to their stations by 9.10pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by person.