House fires in Holbeach and Langtoft due to cooking left alone

Two separate fires at homes in Holbeach and Langtoft were both caused by cooking left unwatched, according to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Sunday, 19th June 2016, 12:54 pm
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 4:31 pm
Kitchen fires in Holbeach and Langtoft on Wednesday were both caused by cooking left unattended.

Fire crews from Holbeach, Spalding and Boston were called to a flat in West End, Holbeach, where an oven was on fire shortly before 9.40pm on Wednesday.

A man inside the flat was treated for breathing in smoke, whilst there was fire damage to an oven hob and saucepan.

Earlier on Wednesday, firefighters from Market Deeping were called to a house in Scotts Close, Langtoft, where a chip pan left unattended on a hob caught fire just after 6.30pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One person was treated for burns to their hands and the fire also damaged a cooker and chip pan, while there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Meanwhile, fire crews from Holbeach and Spalding dealt with a caravan fire in Fleet Street, Holbeach, on Wednesday morning just after 5am.

Two water jets were used in putting out the blaze by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.