Five fire crews were called to The George of Stamford yesterday (Thursday, March 16).
The crews were seen on the roof of the well-known hotel by an eye witness.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were called at 6pm to a chimney fire.
Kay Musgrove, HR and training manager at The George, said : “We had a small chimney fire and we started the fire evacuation procedure. All staff and guests were evacuated really quickly and safely.”
She added that the fire was put out very quickly, with guests and staff then returning back inside.