Fire at Peterborough pre-school
A pre-school in Peterborough caught fire this afternoon.
Four fire engines were sent to Little Blossoms in Skaters Way, Werrington, at 4.15pm today (Wednesday).
The fire started in the kitchen before spreading.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said everyone had vacated the building before firefighters arrived.
The fire has now been extinguished but the building has suffered smoke damage.
Little Blossoms said: “All of our staff got put children out to safety in a timely manner.
“Everyone is now safe thankfully.
“The fire was caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen.
“Little Blossoms will be closed until further notice.
“I will speak to all parents individually tonight.
“Thank you all for kind words.”