Fire crews rescue dog from Fenland house fire

Fire crews rescued a dog from a burning house in Eastalls Close, Doddington yesterday.

Thursday, 11th August 2016, 10:49 am
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 4:31 pm
Fire and Rescue news.

Crews from March and Chatteris were called to the house fire at 10.14am on Wednesday August 10.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A neighbour noticed smoke issuing from the two-storey semi-detached house and called the fire service. No one was in the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus forced entry into the house and used a hose reel to put out a fire that had started on a cooker and also rescued a dog.

The cause of the fire was accidental, believed to have started by items overheating on a cooker.