Firefighters were called to The Peterborough School in Thorpe Road yesterday, Wednesday, after a fire broke out.
Crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called to reports of a building fire at a school at 4.16pm.
A fire had broken out in the laundry room of a school and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and jet to extinguish the fire.
Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke. The crews returned to their stations by 5.10pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.