Halloween keeps emergency services busy as sparklers start bin fire while eggs 'thrown at houses'

Halloween kept the emergency services busy with firefighters tackling a bin fire which was started by sparklers, while houses were allegedly egged.

Friday, 1st November 2019, 6:53 am
Police news

Firefighters in Spalding were sent to a bin fire in West Elloe Avenue shortly after 9.30pm last night.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "This was caused by carelessly discarded sparklers.."

The crew used one hose reel to extinguish the flames.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police were out in force patrolling the streets, with Lincolnshire Police carrying out stop searches in Bourne after reports of eggs being thrown at houses in the Elsea Park area.

The force said lots of eggs were recovered.