The Peterborough Telegraph today exclusively broke the news that the city's MP and Labour whip Fiona Onasanya is facing a criminal charge.
Here's everything we know so far:
* Peterborough's Labour MP Fiona Onasanya has appeared in court charged with perverting the course of justice.
*Fiona Oluyinka Onasanya, 34, from Peterborough, was been charged with two counts of the offence
* She appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on July 12.
* Court records show she was charged over allegedly lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle, the Press Association has reported.
* She is alleged to have been behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle on July 24 2017 but together with her brother Festus Onasanya told the authorities someone else was driving.
* The second similar count relates to an incident on August 23 2017 when her brother was alleged to have been driving.
* The alleged offence took place in Cambridgeshire
* Were Ms Onasanya to be convicted and serve a jail term she will be subject to the Recall Act 2015 - that means just 10 per cent of her constituents can trigger a special vote to boot her out of the Commons.
* She is due to appear in court again at the Old Bailey on August 13.
* Ms Onasanya was elected to the House of Commons in 2017, defeating Conservative Stewart Jackson and has been a solicitor since 2015.
* Both Ms Onasanya's office and the Labour party have declined to comment on the allegations.