Car in Peterborough goes up in flames after device left to charge

A car in Peterborough went up in flames after a device was left on charge.

Friday, 29th November 2019, 5:48 pm

Firefighters from the Dogsthorpe station were called out at 1.29pm yesterday (Thursday) to Lincoln Road in Werrington.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The cause of the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical device which had been left charging unattended in the glove compartment.”

The type of device was not disclosed.

The damaged car. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service