Motorbike ‘caused flat fire’ in Peterborough

Fire engine

Fire engine

2
Have your say

A motorbike stored inside a Peterborough flat is believed to have set it on fire.

The motorbike is thought to have set to fire to the curtains at the flat in Bodes Way, Orton Malborne.

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service removed the motorbike, which was fire damaged, from the property.

Fire crews were called to the flat at 7.16pm yesterday (Sunday, Septemebr 6).

Everyone was out of the property on the arrival of the crews from Dogsthorpe and Stanground.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

Crews had returned to their stations by 8.35pm.

The cause of the fire has been given as accidental.