Man hospitalised after being rescued from flat fire in Peterborough

A resident's picture of emergency services at the scene

A resident's picture of emergency services at the scene

0
Have your say

A man was hospitalised after a flat fire in Albany Walk, Peterborough on Saturday, September 12.

The fire started at about 10.48pm, and Cambridgeshire police, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service and ambulances were all on the scene.

Crews from Stanground, Dogsthorpe and Peterborough Volunteers Fire Brigade tackled a ground floor flat fire.

One man was rescued and taken to hospital for treatment.

The crews cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan and returned to their stations by 1.15am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.