Knocked over candle starts Bretton house fire

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

Friday 10am: Residents had to leave their Bretton home after knocking over a candle starting a fire last night (Thursday).

Fire and rescue crews were sent to the home in Greenham, Bretton at 5.55pm after a fire had broken out in the third floor of the three-storey terraced house.

All residents were out of the property on the arrival of the fire service.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Candles may look pretty on cold winter evenings but we would like to remind residents to take simple steps to ensure they are safe when using them. Always put candles on a flat, heat-resistant surface, never leave them unattended and always ensure they are placed well away from curtains and other flammable materials.”