Kitchen fire breaks out at No 3 The Yard in Stamford

No 3 The Yard, Stamford. Photo: Brad Barnes. EMN-150403-094746001

No 3 The Yard, Stamford. Photo: Brad Barnes. EMN-150403-094746001

0
Have your say

A restaurant owner says he is lucky still to have a business after an early morning fire.

Two crews from Stamford were called to No 3 The Yard in Ironmonger Street, Stamford, after a stock pot caught fire at about 3.30am today (Wednesday).

Thankfully the firefighters were able to put the flames out before any serious damage was caused.

Owner Simon McEnery praised the fire crews for their quick response, which meant the flames did not get past the stock pot. He said: “It could have been a lot worse. I’m grateful that there were no casualties, and grateful that I still have a restaurant.

“If it had spread it would have been a tinder box.”

Staff are busy cleaning the soot from the kitchen, and as a result the restaurant will be closed for lunch.

Mr McEnery said he expected to open again this evening.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the fire started in a stock pot and was caused by the hob being left on.