House fire in Spalding caused by unattended cooking, say fire service

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.
0
Have your say

A house in Spalding was damaged by smoke after a kitchen fire on Friday.

It started at a house in Churchill Drive when someone living there left cooking unattended just before 2pm.

A fire alarm alerted a crew from Spalding who found the fire out on their arrival, but there was damage to a saucepan.

No one was injured.

Meanwhile, firefighters from Holbeach were called to a straw bale alight in Dam Gate, on the edge of Holbeach, just before 10pm.

The fire was allowed to burn itself out.

Finally, a fire crew from Long Sutton tacked a van blaze in East Bank, Sutton Bridge, with a water hose.

The fire broke out close to the River Nene just before 10pm.