Guests evacuated from Peterborough Premier Inn after early morning fire

The fire at the Premier Inn this morning
The fire at the Premier Inn this morning
0
Have your say

Guests were evacuated in the middle of the night after a fire broke out at The Premier Inn in Ferry Meadows in Peterborough in the early hours of this morning, Friday April 22.

The hotel, in Ham Lane, was evacuated at around 3.13am this morning.

The fire at the Premier Inn this morning

The fire at the Premier Inn this morning

A fire had broken out in the bin store and spread to a covered walkway area.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 5.40am.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by person.

The hotel is still open as usual this morning.

The fire at the Premier Inn this morning

The fire at the Premier Inn this morning

UPDATE: Peterborough hotel staff praised for care of guests after fire in middle of night