Gladstone Primary shut after dishwasher causes fire

Fire engine

Fire engine

3
Have your say

Children at Gladstone Primary are at home today (Monday, October 19) after a fire forced the school to shut.

Staff arriving at the school in Gladstone Street before 8am this morning discovered a dishwasher motor had blown which caused a small fire, leading to smoke in the building.

No children were in the building at the time.

Only children in reception and years one, two and three are affected by the closure, but the school will re-open tomorrow.

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called at 8.13am.