Garage and conservatory damaged in Peterborough fire

Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
0
Have your say

A garage and conservatory were damaged in a fire in a Peterborough street.

The fire started in Hedgelands, Werrington at 8.15pm last night (Thursday).

A fire had started near to an electrical appliance, which was stored closely to a fence. The fire spread to the fence, then to a garage and a conservatory.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental. Crews returned to their stations by 10.05pm.

Watch Commander Mark Hodges said: “We would like to remind residents to think about where they store electrical appliances. It’s advised that any large electrical household appliance, from fridge freezers to tumble dryers, is stored a suitable distance away from fences and vegetation.”