Fire breaks out at chip shop

Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
0
Have your say

A fire broke out at a fish and chip shop in Peterborough this afternoon (Friday).

Fire and rescue crews were called to Gunthorpe Fish and Chip shop in Chiltern Rise, Gunthorpe after reports of a gas leak at 1.20pm.

When the crews arrived at the scene they found a fire in the serving area.

The fire was extinguished by 2.30pm.

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the blaze was caused by faulty equipment.