Dogs die in fire at Bourne boarding kennels

Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
Fire crews. Photo: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service

Three dogs, thought to be Staffordshire bull terriers, have died after a fire at a boarding kennels in Bourne.

It happened at Dawsmere Kennels in Spalding Road on Monday, 19 January at 5.20am where the dogs were being kept in offices while waiting to be re-homed.

Tragically, all three dogs died due to smoke inhalation.

The fire is thought to have been started when a heater fell over and set a towel alight.